Post date: April 23, 2019
Determined by Experience
Directly performs work of a Sr. Designer in the Civil, Structural & Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline within the Oil, Gas & Chemicals Business Unit. This candidate may be required to provide training & supervision of less experienced designers. This work includes the use of 2-D & 3-D Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) tools in the preparation of civil site development deliverables such as layouts, study drawings, & detailed design models & construction drawings.
You should have broad knowledge of civil works in grading, drainage, pavement, alignments, utilities & industry deliverables for execution of this work. Proficiency in use of client Standard Applications for civil design such as Microstation & InRoads is essential.
Works with Engineering Group Supervisor, Sr. Civil/Site Engineer or Functional Civil/Site Lead to plan, budget, & schedule deliverables within the discipline.
– Communicate closely with supervisors, & other disciplines to interpret notes & sketches.
– May be required to work on multiple projects & tasks while maintaining efficiency & quality of work.
– Plan, schedule, conduct & coordinate self-perform CADD work during all phases of the projects.
– Perform design & layout of civil infrastructure facilities, including but not limited to site drainage facilities & roads & associated earthworks.
– Produce 3D design models of civil earthworks, facilities & infrastructure using MicroStation, InRoads & Open Roads.
– Prepare clean, clear, & concise sketches & issued for construction (IFC) drawings to meet client & or client-s codes & standards.
– Prepare quantity estimates & material take-offs (MTOs) of Civil works, including but not limited to bulk earthworks, drainage facilities & finished surfacing.
– Manage Project CADD & modeling standards, workspace, seed files & ensure deliverables conform to discipline standards.
– Monitor & check work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable/safe plant operation & construction economy.
– Employ problem solving & critical-thinking skills when designing/developing engineered drawings to identify & resolve constructability issues.
– Prepare or assist with the preparation of assigned material requisitions & technical bid evaluations associated with civil site development.
– Take pride in work & takes initiative to expand knowledge base.
– Maintain up-to-date skills in client Standard Computer Applications relevant to design work & ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
– Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation & satisfaction.
– Prepare as-builts from provided field data.
– Associates Degree in Civil Engineering or related field, or Certification in Computer Aided Design from a reputed institute.
– Minimum 10 Years of experience in 3D Civil modeling & drawing preparation for large national or international civil earthwork development projects.
– Advanced capability with 2-D & 3-D CADD applications currently in use in the industry. Recent experience & proficiency with MicroStation, InRoads & SmartPlant Review desired.
– Experience with Bentley OpenRoads tools & OpenRoads Designer desired.
– Extensive experience in preparation & checking of civil site development design deliverables (concepts, drawings, & quantities) for site layout, site drainage, rough grading, finish grading, rigid & flexible pavements, railroad crossings, storm water & sanitary systems, fencing, underground utilities services & soil retention & stabilization structures.
– Ability to process large scale 3D data associated with Lidar, GIS & other surveys is desirable.
– Familiar with construction means & methods & ability to identify constructability issues, conflicting design & or unsuitability of current design.
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.A